POSTER PRESENTATION GUIDELINES
The IBNPF 2019 Poster Session will be held in the Centre des congrès de Québec, Espace Urbain Hall on July 4-5. Each poster will display for one full day to allow Congress attendees sufficient time for viewing.
- Even numbered posters: July 4, 2019 from 15h00-16h00
- Odd numbered posters: July 5, 2019 from 15h00-16h00
Poster sessions provide an opportunity for informal, interactive presentations and discussions. A wine & cheese cocktail will be offered during the Poster Session. We invite poster presenters to stay beside their posters to explain it and to discuss with participants. Each presenting author will receive a schedule and a poster code by e-mail.
Poster presenters will be allowed into the Poster Area at 8:00 the day of their assigned poster session to arrange the poster on the poster board. Authors must remove their posters by 18:00.
TIPS FOR POSTER PRESENTATIONS
- Posters must be in English.
- Posters should be self-explanatory: presenters need to be available to supplement and discuss particular points that viewers may raise.
- Posters must cover the same material as reported in the abstract submission.
- Presenting authors must be present at their poster for the assigned discussion period.
- Poster authors may find it useful to have on hand printed copies of their poster, a tablet of sketch paper, and suitable drawing materials. (Projection equipment, video monitors, and electrical outlets will not be provided in the poster session area.)
FORMATTING YOUR POSTER
Poster Board Size Updated dimensions
The usable surface area for posters is (3,3ft h x 6,67ft w) or (40in h x 80in w) or (102cm h x 203cm w). Your poster must not exceed poster board size. We request horizontal posters (vertical posters will not be accepted). Velcro mounting equipment and technical equipment will be available for the mounting of posters.
Fonts and text
Your poster should be readable from a distance of 3-5 feet. Use Sans serif fonts (Arial, Calibri Verdana, Helvetica, etc.) for better viewing. Suggested font sizes: may need to be adjusted depending on poster size.
- Title: 60pt
- Authors: 36pt
- Institution 28pt
- Headings: 36pt
- Abstract text: 24pt
- Table and image captions: 18pt
- Arrange materials in columns rather than rows. It is easier for viewers to scan a poster by moving systematically along it rather than by jumping back and forth. You should place an introduction at the upper left and a conclusion at the lower right, both in large typescript.
- Group logically consistent sections or columns of the poster on backgrounds of the same color.
- Prepare a label for the top of your poster noting the title, authors, affiliations, and assigned poster number (examples: PW 204 or PF 093). Lettering should be at least one inch (2.54 cm) high.
- Add “white space “around text columns and images. Too much text on a poster can be challenging to read.
- Use left-align text. Using justified text may create large gaps between words making the poster difficult to read.
Keep in mind that illustrations will be viewed from a distance. You should indicate the sequence of illustrations with numbers or letters at least one inch (2.54 cm) high, preferably in bold lettering. Each figure or table should have a heading of one or two lines in larger type stating its essential message. Provide detailed information in a legend in smaller type below, describing the content of the figures as well as the conclusions. Keep details of methodology brief and place them at the end of the legend. Charts, drawings, and illustrations may be similar to those used in slides. Please depict everything as clearly as possible.
A label indicating your poster code will be placed on the top of your board space. Allocate the top of the poster for the title and authors as stated on the submitted abstract. Mounting equipment and technical equipment will be available for the mounting of posters.
If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact us.
International Forum for Back and Neck Pain Research in Primary Care
Conferium Conference. Events. Services.
Phone +1 (418) 522-8182 or (800) 618-8182
Monday to Friday - 9h00 to 16h00 U.S. / Canadian Eastern Time
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
425, boul. René-Lévesque Ouest, Québec, G1S 1S2